Saturday, December 20, 2008

OCSL and Learn 2.1

The Orange Seed is an excellent resource for "putting our ideas into writing." Many times we share an idea with co-workers and everyone says, "excellent idea," but nothing ever gets done to implement the "excellent idea." Orange Seed is a process in which our ideas can get looked at more closely and reviewed to see if they would be beneficial and feasible to implement. OCLS and myself as a staff member can benefit from Orange Seed. If a new idea can save time or money, provide better customer service, or promote library resources, then everyone benefits from that idea.

I love the concept of Orlando Memory. I have to admit I love history. They were my favorite classes in High School and College. I like to look at old photographs and hear stories of how things were "back when." I hope Orlando Memory catches on and others will add historical photos and events of Orlando. I did not grow up in Orlando, however, my husband did and he has "oodles" of old pictures (many taken in downtown Orlando) that I need to take the time to download to the site. Possibly a New Year's resolution for 2009. Again, OCLS, myself and the general public all benefit from this resource as it preserves the past and makes it available to the future.

No comments: