Sunday, September 21, 2008

Health, Wellness and Technology

Well, I am in that category that could stand to use more exercise and watch what I eat. My husband and I started eating healthier about one year ago. While he has lost quite a bit of weight, I have lost very little. However, the benefits of eating healthier and exercising has had other benefits by having more energy and just feeling better. Now that the weather is getting a bit cooler, I will continue my daily walks. I find that I don't really benefit from cardio coaches as I like the time walking to reflect on my day, my children's schedules and things that I seldom have time to pause and reflect upon in my busy world. While I would be interested in tracking food, calories, etc., I found the Nutrition Data site to be too complicated and not directed to my needs. Most of the food listed was fast food. I cook my family's meals each night and just wanted more simple, general foods to track, such as roasted chicken, squash, okra, etc. I generally keep technology out of my workouts as I enjoy the peace and solitude of exercising without technology. I have to admit though, that DDR can be quite fun and good exercise, too.

1 comment:

OCLS Learn 2.0 said...

Hi Debra!

I completely understand not using technology while you work out. I also use the time to focus my thoughts.
You can enter your own food information into Nutrion Data to create your own recipies. Most veggatbles, raw, frozen, boiled etc are in there. Give it another chance, I think you will find it useful.

Tom