Saturday, September 6, 2008

Introduction

My name is Debra and I work as a Questline Reference Assistant with the Orange County Library System in Orlando, Florida. I am a busy mother of three teenagers and have never had time for blogs, texts, games or mindless numbers of other 'tech' related activities. Since I am employed full time for the first time in 16 years, I find the need to introduce myself to the 'tech' world. I can't hide behind the vacuum and stove any longer. Plus, with three teenagers, I need to "get with it" as I am somewhat outdated. So, I am hoping to learn everything there is to know about cyperspace and communicating in 2008.

1 comment:

OCLS Learn 2.0 said...

Hi Deb! I am glad that you joined us. Believe it or not, I get that outdated feeling every now and then. Technology moves so fast that if you don't make an effort to master it - you do get left behind. Think about this - at one time the vacuum cleaner was new technology! Don't be afraid to find a Learn Buddy and reach out when you need help. Oh...having fun is mandatory too!

Tom